The WOW121 is a universal sound decoder for locomotives with DCC-ready 21-pin MTC connectors, and can also be used with any of TCS' motherboards. The WOW121 requires a motherboard to interface with the locomotive. The motherboard will determine the support for the number of lighting functions as well as the type supported (LED or 12V/1.5V bulbs). A WOW121 decoder will support up to 8 lighting functions.
Note: Function 5 and 6 are not programmable, and will only output constant bright lights. Take this into account when wiring multiple lighting functions.
For a complete list of available sounds, check out the "Sounds List" under the "Documents" tab.
Find resources for the WOWSound-equipped Bachmann Streamlined K4 here.
- CD-Quality Sound: TCS' world-renowned CD-quality sound. 16 Bits of resolution at 44.1kHz sample rate.
- Back EMF Load Compensation: Provides superior slow speed control and high performance under load.
- Quiet Drive: Super-quiet motor control for "buzz" free motor performance.
- DC Mode: Decoder will automatically detect DC power. You can also configure how your lighting effects function on DC.
- Variable Momentum: Allows you to make custom acceleration and deceleration curves.
- Function Remapping: Buttons 0 through 12 may be used to control the lighting functions of this decoder.
- Programmable Lighting Effects: Choose from 20 separate user-programmable lighting effects!
- Dimmable Brightness:Configure multiple different brightness levels for your LED's or incandescent bulbs.
- Decoder Lock: Feature which prevents accidental/unwanted programming while activated.
- Airwire™ Compatible: Fully compatible with Airwire™ operation.
- CAM: Use a positive voltage trigger to synchronize your chuff rate to your drivers' rotation.
- Audio Assist®: TCS exclusive auditory feedback programming system. Program your decoder without the need to memorize CV's!
- User-Loadable Speed Tables: Configure custom speed curves and set speed limits.
- Throttle Modes: Choose from multiple throttle modes to meet your operating needs.
- True Scale Sound: A unique WOWSound feature which uses TCS’ exclusive auto-adjusting BEMF technology to automatically change the intensity of the chuff. Prototype Mode also offers dynamic sound volumes which accurately model the real-life equivalent. Also includes pre-programmed acceleration and deceleration values.
- Chuffinity: By combining a massive library of chuff sounds with a state of the art algorithm, Chuffinity produces a beautiful chorus of chuff sounds without ever producing a looping or predictable pattern. Beautiful, clear, and complex chuffs that never repeat will take you trackside to the days of steam glory!